Friday, April 17, 2015

Book Sale Book Haul!

Recently, my friend had to close down his used bookstore that he owned due to lack of funds, and lack of customers. I was so upset to see it close. My husband and I used to shop there at least once or twice a week, and in that process, became really close friends with the owner. After the bookstore closed, he had over 20,000 books that he had no idea what to do with. He's had them for a couple years now, just laying in his basement. Recently, he decided to have a book sale out of his garage to get them out of his basement, so he can finally get it finished. My friends and I decided to go to his book sale, and I got 47 books. Here are pictures of everything I got, along with some commentary about why I bought them. The links will take you to the Goodreads page for each book.



Whoo, that ends this book haul. There are some more that I got at the book sale that I already put on my shelves. I will make sure to include them in my "In My Mailbox" on Sunday. Are you interested in reading any of these? Have you already read some? Either way, please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought, or why you find them interesting. My friend is doing this book sale once every couple of weeks throughout the spring and summer with new books added every time, so I will probably be doing these hauls several times over the summer. If you live in the Northwest Ohio area, make sure to check out his book sale if you can, it's definitely worth it. Also, if you would like to see more posts like this on my blog, please let me know.


4 comments:

  1. Ok of these I have A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, Rebel Angels by Libba Bray, Matched by Ally Condie, Blood and Chocolate and thats it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read any of those? If so, what did you think? I've read Matched, but I haven't read the others.

      Delete
  2. The only ones of these I've read are the two by Jodi Picoult and I really enjoyed them. It's too bad that your friend's bookstore is closing, but at least you can help him by knowing that some of the books are going to someone who will really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's upsetting because my husband and I used to buy a majority of our books from there, but he only had a few regular customers other than us.

      Delete