Saturday, April 18, 2015

Stacking the Shelves #1

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where everyone posts the books that they got for this week. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

So, this week I have quite a crazy haul. I went to the library a few times, and I also went to Goodwill, Dollar Tree, and other various locations, and got quite a few books. I also posted a book haul that I got from a local book sale yesterday that you can view here. All of the book's titles will be linked to Goodreads.

Purchased/Free:
  • World War Z by Max Brooks (I  found this at Goodwill. I love anything about zombies.)
  • The Last Prophecy by Jon Land (I did not realize this was close to the end of a series. I got it for my husband from the free bookshelf at my library.)
  • Dead and Alive by Dean Koontz (I got this from the free bookshelf at my library. I love literary retellings. Now, I just need to find the first one, and I can marathon the series.)
  • The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer (I found this at Dollar Tree. I loved The Interesting's by Meg Wolitzer. I hope this is just as good.)
  • Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright (I found this at the Dollar Tree. I loved this movie. I hope the book is just as good, although I've heard mixed reviews on it.)
  • Catherine by April Lindner (I also found this at the Dollar Tree. I've heard very mixed reviews on this book, but I figured for a dollar, why not try it and come to my own conclusions?)
Library:
Whew, that's all for my book haul this week. Have you read any of these books? If so, comment and let me know what you thought of them. Are you excited to read any of these? If so, let me know which ones. Also, if you want me to do any reviews on these books, please let me know which ones. If you have  Stacking the Shelves post, or a similar post, please link it in the comments. I would love to see which books you have bought this week.

9 comments:

  1. I just finished listening to The Sin Eater's Daughter and really liked it. Hope you enjoy it, and the rest of your haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm hoping to start it this week.

      Delete
  2. Great haul! Red Riding Hood was such a good movie but I have yet to read the book. I'm currently reading The Sin Eater's Daughter and it's alright so far. Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping to start it soon. I just followed your blog.

      Delete
  3. Nice haul, I hope you enjoy your books.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can totally read Fairest without having read Cress! It doesn't spoil it. I mean it fits perfectly between Cress and Winter, but it's a prequel so it works still. xD OH OH IT'S SO GOOD THO. I loved it. xD And I really want to read World War Z! I loved the movie, although I've heard they're insanely different?!
    My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much! I know what I'm starting tonight then! :D Yeah, that's what I've heard too. I jut followed your blog via bloglovin'.

      Delete