Sunday, April 19, 2015

Currently Reading #1

I have decided on Sundays to start posting the books that I am currently reading. I will give a brief synopsis, and tell you my thoughts so far about the books. The covers will link to Goodreads in case you want to add the books to your tbr.

#1. The Zarder by Sara Jo Easton
Synopsis:
For ten years, the dragon-like Onizards who dwelled in the Day Kingdom had been ruled by a tyrant who called herself the Fire Queen. Not even the Queen's son, Delbralfi, was completely safe from her scorn and wrath. For a powerless non-nature like Teltrena or a human slave like Jena, life was spent hoping for a better future while fearing for one's life.

Then, through a series of most unlikely circumstances, Jena found her mind telepathically Bonded to an Onizard hatchling named Senraeno. The only way to survive the Fire Queen's wrath was to fake their deaths and hide in the forgotten Night Kingdom.

With the unexpected help of a few new friends, the Bonds are safe for a while, but their real deaths await them if the Fire Queen discovers that Jena and Senraeno are both alive and Bonded. Now, Jena must learn to fight for herself, and she must help the Onizards see that the love and courage in their hearts is more powerful than the Fire Queen's hatred.

My Thoughts So Far:
I have less than 100 pages left in this book. I'm just not enjoying it at all. There are so many character names to keep track of, and they all sound similar which makes it so confusing. It's just not holding my interest. Hopefully I will have it finished by the end of the week.

#2 Fuigitive X by Gregg Rosenblum

My Thoughts So Far:
This is actually the second book in a series, so I didn't want to give a synopsis in case it would spoil anything for those that haven't read the first book, Revolution 19. It took me a while to figure out what was going on in the beginning because it has been so long since I read the first book. After I started to figure it out, I absolutely I am loving this book.

#3 A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan

Synopsis:
All the world, from Scirland to the farthest reaches of Eriga, know Isabella, Lady Trent, to be the world’s preeminent dragon naturalist. She is the remarkable woman who brought the study of dragons out of the misty shadows of myth and misunderstanding into the clear light of modern science. But before she became the illustrious figure we know today, there was a bookish young woman whose passion for learning, natural history, and, yes, dragons defied the stifling conventions of her day.

Here at last, in her own words, is the true story of a pioneering spirit who risked her reputation, her prospects, and her fragile flesh and bone to satisfy her scientific curiosity; of how she sought true love and happiness despite her lamentable eccentricities; and of her thrilling expedition to the perilous mountains of Vystrana, where she made the first of many historic discoveries that would change the world forever. 

Marie Brennan introduces an enchanting new world in A Natural History of Dragons.

My Thoughts So Far:
I've only been able to read the first chapter of this, but I love what I did read. This is a library book, and my husband and I are sharing it because he wants to read it too, so it might take me a while to finish reading it.

That's what I'm reading this week. What are you reading? Please leave a comment and let me know. I love to learn about what other people are reading, and hopefully I can add a few books to my tbr. Also, if you've read any of these books, please let me know what you thought of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment